- Medically supervised for safety and success
- Personalized program which is customized to your needs utilizing a comprehensive metabolic and cardiovascular lab workup, CIMT (carotid Intima Media Thickness) testing and EKG and medical treatment of all conditions which prevent weight loss.
- This is not a “FAD” 30 day diet using prepackaged food; use real food; this is a lifestyle change; keep weight off for life and be healthy
- Includes healthy fats and proteins as well as “healthy” carbohydrates in form of fruits and vegetables
- Feel full and satisfied with dramatically fewer calories
- Reduces hunger, appetite, and carbohydrate cravings
- Increases will power
- Simple and effective exercise program using the FITT Principle (Frequency, Intensity, Timing and Type)
- You will learn to live a healthy lifestyle which will stay with you for life
The Science Behind Weigth Loss
Insulin resistance (IR) is prevalent, often not suspected, and is under appreciated as a cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factor, and is highly likely to lead to diabetes mellitus. With IR, you make plenty of insulin, usually too much (hyperinsulinemia). Hyperinsulinemia occurs to compensate for insulin resistant cells; this causes blood sugar to drop as insulin is being secreted erratically. Hyperinsulinemia promotes fatigue, sugar and/or carbohydrate cravings, WEIGHT GAIN, and INABILITY TO LOSE WEIGHT even when exercising and eating very small amounts of food. Fasting blood sugar is normal but levels can drop after a high carbohydrate meal, causing the need to eat something again. This can lead to further weight gain and increased abdominal fat. It is a vicious cycle. IR is suspected in a patient who is overweight/obese, who has polycystic ovarian disease, a history of gestational diabetes or preeclampsia during pregnancy, large babies, or a family history of diabetes mellitus but may also occur as part of genetics in very slim or people of normal weight.
We can detect insulin resistance through advanced lab testing. We can help reduce your risk for diabetes and heart disease and help you to lose unwanted pounds by focusing on exercise and diet modification and FDA approved medications used to treat insulin resistance and control cravings. The medications used to control insulin resistance and improve metabolism and promote weight loss.